Nerve Radio

Radio stars of the future are taking to the microphone in Bournemouth University’s very first FM broadcast run solely by students.

From 8am on the 14th March 2011, Nerve*, Bournemouth University’s student radio station, will be live on 87.7FM across the town.

Following the success of last years broadcast, featuring radio and TV personality Phill Jupitus, Nerve* is showcasing its radio talent during its annual FM.

Nerve* will be going out across the airwaves between 14th-25th March with popular music, news and sport throughout the day and specialist programming in the evening. Its musical genres range from dub step to jazz, rock and cheese classics presented by those with a knowledge and passion for their musical field.

It’s not just all about the music though; current affairs, chat and the arts will also be on offer with programs made by students serving the local community.

In the last year Nerve Radio* has aired its first Fresher’s Broadcast and last week raised over £500 for charity in its 24 hour nerve-a-thon.

Station Manager Jessica Bracey said: “It’s a great opportunity for students to get a first hand experience at being on the radio and see them develop as presenters. Having support from local businesses and the facilities in the University to broadcast an annual FM is fantastic.”

Toby Horner, Bournemouth University President said; “It is a step forward to putting Bournemouth on the map for excellent student media where any student, not just media undergraduates, can contribute.”

You can listen online at Nerve Media Online ,via smartphones and on FM from the 14th March.

If you want to get in touch you can text to 07766 40 41 42 starting your message with nerveradio, search Nerve Radio on Facebook or tweet the studio @nerveradio.