CSR

As announced by James Waters this morning (16th June), Canterbury based Student and Community station, CSR will once again be broadcasting live from Canterbury’s top music festival “Lounge on the Farm“.

It will be the fourth year running that the station will be providing exclusive coverage for all the acts performing, interviews and general festival activity.

This year’s line-up is bigger than ever, with headliners Emeli Sande, The Wombats and The Charlatans. Other huge highlights include recent number one act Rudimental, Example, Mystery Jets, King Charles, Summer Camp, Slow Club and Mercury Prize nominee Ghostpoet. Visit the festivals website to view the line-up in full.

This will be the fourth consecutive year CSR has broadcast live from Merton Farm and the team hope to emulate the success of previous years – having twice been awarded by the Student Radio Association for entertaining, light hearted and fun coverage. To view pictures from last years event, please visit their Facebook page.

Kent Union’s Student Media Coordinator, Mel Lewis said, “I am really chuffed to be able to confirm that CSR will be at Lounge again this year. It is a great opportunity for a significant number of our volunteers to broadcast live from such a huge event. I am excited to see the comparisons between this year’s line-up and our playlist, and to give the team this experience so similar to that of the work taking place at national radio stations across the country.

Announcing this event tops off a great year for CSR which has already seen national recognition for their work within the community and a 400% increase in membership. The station – a joint venture between Christ Church University and the University of Kent, has become a leading media source in Canterbury, exclusively announcing Summerball announcements and welcoming top BBC producers to use their facilities to produce award-winning podcasts.

25 volunteers will travel to the festival from the 6-8th July. For more information, please contact the Station Manager Ryan Bartrop – manager@csrfm.com