On April 9th, the SRA AGM was held at the National Student Radio Conference at Newcastle University Students’ Union. The ballot was overseen by the Returning Officer, Matt Hurst and the results are below…
Election of the Executive Officers
- Chair – Stu Manton
- Memebership and Communications Officer – Harvey McCabe
- Events Officer – Emma Bradshaw
- Marketing Officer – Oli Ing
- Training and Development Officer – Leigh Meyer
The above named individuals are elected to the Board of Directors of the Student Radio Association Ltd. with effect from 1 July 2014 and from that date are made Individual Members of the Student Radio Association, with voting rights, until such time as they resign their post
Election of the Regional Officers
- South East – Chris Huskins
- South West & South Wales – Matthew Reed
- Midlands – Callum Farmer
- North West & North Wales – Sarah Sumner
The vote was tied for the position of Scotland Regional Officer and the Returning Officer has taken the decision to re-open nominations for this position. Nominations for the following positions will also be re-opened: London & East Anglia Regional Officer and North East & Yorkshire Regional Officer.
Following the passing of the motion “That The Association Further Supports Student Stations In Ireland” at the AGM, the SRA Executive will be appointing a Regional Officer for Ireland in due course.
Appointment of the Administrative Officers
- Chart Show Coordinator – Dan Gibson
- Content & Design Officer – Jonny Chambers
- Deputy Events Officer – Jonty Usborne
- Music Officer – Lisa Murgatroyd
- Web Officer – Oliver Needham
The above were appointed by the Board of Directors in their meeting of Sunday, April 6th 2014. The following positions were unappointed: Deputy Marketing Officer and Schools & Colleges Officer. These will be reopened at a later date.
Official notice of election results can be found here.