Recently Student Radio Association members had great success at the first ever BBC Radio 4 Today Programme Student Journalism Awards! These awards aim to find new talent and student who embody the BBC’s values of impartiality, trustworthiness and excellence.

University of Exeter’s student radio station, XpressionFM, were the winners of The Today Student Programme of the Year with ‘Sombremesa’. The team included Alexandra McLeod, Marie Guglielmi, Selena Li, Ben Lang and Annie Tricks.

Meanwhile ‘The Pulse’ from Nottingham University received a commendation. The team included Elizabeth Ephgrave, Harry Robertson, Hermione Hearne and Kathryn O’Connell all from URN.

We just want to say a huge congratulations from the SRA for every member’s success at the BBC Radio 4 Student Journalism Awards! You can see the full list of winners here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/zHS6YLLXFvyJNQLXBjQB03/today-student-journalism-awards-2018-the-winners

Don’t forget that it is our Student Radio Awards 2018 supported by BBC Radio 1 and Global on Thursday 8th November 2018 so make sure you get your tickets as it is a night you will not want to miss! We even have our own category for Best Journalistic Programming.