We are currently looking for a new Regional Officer to look after member stations in the South region.
The focus of this role is to represent and support student stations at grass-roots level. You will be responsible for representing the Student Radio Association and its members in this region by staying in regular contact with the all of the stations; letting them know what is going on, organising training days or social opportunities and feeding good news stories back to the SRA.
The responsibilities of a Regional Officer are:
- To provide advice and support to member stations in their region.
- To attend relevant training provided by the Student Radio Association.
- To plan and organise training opportunities for members within their region, with the assistance of the Development Officer.
- To encourage student radio stations within their region that are currently not members of the Organisation to become members.
- To plan and organise social events for members in their region.
- To represent the Student Radio Association in a professional manner.
Skills that will benefit candidates for this position include:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Organisation & planning skills
Please note: To be eligible to run for this position you must be currently be a student and intend to remain involved with a station for the next 6-8 months. You must also continue to be a resident, during term time, within the South region.
How to apply:
The deadline for nominations for the Regional Officer for the South is 11.59pm on Sunday 22nd December.
If you would like to stand for this role, please nominate yourself by sending your manifesto on a single A4 page to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your manifesto should explain your reasons for running as a candidate, highlight the skills that you can bring to the role and include examples of any relevant experience. You may also want to include any ideas that you have for position and the SRA.
Please ensure that it fits on to a single side of A4, and send it as either a Microsoft Word or PDF document. Other formats may not be accepted.
If you have any questions about the election process or your eligibility to run as a candidate, please contact the Returning Officer via: email@example.com or the Development Officer via: firstname.lastname@example.org