We’re also a well respected and highly visible organisation across the professional public, commercial and independent sector, providing great exposure to a £1.2bn a year industry.
What we do
With dozens of member stations from universities, colleges and communities all over the UK and Ireland, the SRA reaches thousands of students representing a wide demographic. Our members’ enthusiasm translates to strong online engagement metrics on our social platforms and through our regular newsletters. When the SRA has something to say, our members know it’s worth listening to.
Strong links across the professional and academic communities enables the SRA to run several high-profile national events annually, as well as a range of regional and content-specific training seminars. All of our events and activities are run as cheaply as possible and subsidised wherever possible to ensure equal opportunities for all our members. None of this would be possible without the ongoing support of our sponsors and media partners.
Student Radio Awards
Headline sponsors, BBC Radio 1 and Global, are long-time supporters of the SRA and the Awards. Over the years student radio has launched the careers of Rich Clarke, Simon Mayo, Greg James and Annie Mac to name but a few. The Awards serve both to celebrate the diversity of content and talent in student radio and to help launch the next generation of radio talent into the industry.
To allow students and young professionals an equal opportunity to attend, admission prices are kept lower than cost, and the SRA finances the event through generous sponsorship and promotion. The ceremony, along with the publicity and associated events, such as regional nomination parties around the country a month before, offers a great platform for brands to reach a wide demographic stretching from first-year university students to on-air talent and the current and future decision makers of a £1.2bn industry.
Partnership Opportunities a the Student Radio Awards
- Regional Nomination Parties: In October, we’ll host parties at seven locations around the UK to announce shortlisted nominees for each award category. These events are perfect for targeting a specific audience regionally.
- Event Programme: We offer A4 portrait and A5 landscape colour or B&W adverts in our professionally designed event programme. Each of the over 600 event attendees is given a programme, and many take it home to commemorate the evening. We also allow a limited number of separately printed A5 flyer inserts to be distributed with the programmes.
- Event Photography: The official event photographs are posted online, tagged and shared with thousands of students and industry professionals. These images can be watermarked with the logo of a supporting partner.
- Photobooth: At the ceremony we also run a photobooth providing physical prints and digital images which the SRA also posts. These images can also be watermarked.
- Meal Sponsorship: The awards ceremony includes a formal three-course meal. We offer sponsorship packages of this meal including branded menus and signage. Because seating is allocated, we can additionally brand specific tables with guests from your target cities.
- Drinks Reception: On arrival, guests are welcomed with a complimentary drink from the bar. This bar is digitally branded, and the sponsoring partner is invited to provide further branded content such as bar mats, napkins, bunting and so on.
- Goody Bags: We can also provide the opportunity for select merchandise to be distributed as part of a goody bag at the event.
These are just a few of our low-mid level sponsorship opportunities. If you are interested in a number of these options, or participating in a different way, we can discuss tailor-made packages that suit your requirements.